Sunday, December 16, 2007

Pot Limit Win

I won a 49 player PL tournament last night on bodog. It was a 15+1 with 9 spots in the money. The tournamnet followed normal bodog structure and started with a 1,500 stack. The stack size doesn't seem to be that big of a deal in these tourneys until you hit level 6 (start of the second hour). By level 8-9 the game should become much more push oriented, but per chance last evening it didn't. The field was remarkably passive, sans on hyper aggresor sitting two to my right through the whole tourney. I eventually picked him off at the final table with KK vs. AQs. I was involved in very few big pots and therefore was able to stay around average stack until the final table. The KK hand I mentioned was what put me in the chip lead with $18K and the blinds at 400/800 with a 100 ante and seven players left. This shows that my chip leading stack was quite small with respect to the blinds, but I guess this should be expected with a passive field an only 1,500 starting chips. I was able to pick off four of the last five villians -- most with easy calls (TPTK or better). Overall, it was nice to win a tourney for the first time in quite a while.

Cheers.

No comments: